Followers

Friday, September 1, 2017

Crispy....

The temperature remained in the low 60s today and I loved it!








We were invited to brunch this morning by Carol and Ted, who have been living in their motor home for the past 17 years.  They spend almost 6 months in this area and the rest in different parts of the country.  Many years ago Carol boarded her horse (Augie) here and we used to ride together.  We were even partners in a Quadrille.  This was our first visit in years and it was great to catch up.
I had never been inside one of these and was very impressed
 by the space.
 Of course I wanted a tour,


 and then we ate a very nice meal that I forgot to photograph....
except for the fruit plate.
 They put in this garden
 and have a shed for storage.
This is called South Woods and there must be 250+ occupants on a huge property.
So many of them have golf carts!
Ted and Carol took us on a tour of the entire place.

 Check this out.  These people have an automatic lawn mower!

 We also met this sweet pup.
Gary had an extra duty at the Welcome Center as soon as we got home, an Oak Orchard meeting at 3, stopped at Sara's Garden Center and spent some time at Jen's.

I loaded the pups in the car, checked out the site work for the new Lodge in the Park, stopped at the gas station and ended up
 at Glen Darach Farm.
Andrea loves beets, so I brought her a bag full along with squash, cucumbers and carrots.
 Of course I had to photograph some beautiful color that was hanging around in her gardens.





 I had to take this photo for her sister Helen.
(Remember her?  She lives in Scotland)

 Little Wonder and Phoebe were very happy as they had an opportunity to explore the area.
 I did not get home until 5 and made a simple supper.
 BLTs and roasted potatoes.  Tasted great.
Now for the last time!!!!! I must go out to the Studio and finish my chair.
Night all.

No comments: